T’ai Chi Ch’uan is...
a set of naturally flowing movements for health and fitness, relaxation, meditation, and self-defense. Because of the gentle nature of T’ai Chi Ch’uan, it is often used as a therapeutic exercise by people who are recovering from illness or injury, or for those who are beginning an exercise program and who are out of shape. RTCCC offers something for everyone no matter your age or fitness goals. We have a number of different workshops throughout the year.
10 Reasons to Practice T’ai Chi Ch’uan
- Simple to learn, but endlessly challenging.
- Relieves stress levels and lowers blood pressure.
- Assists in digestive function and tones the abdominal area. Also helpful for arthritis and diabetes.
- Promotes the elimination of toxins. Oxygenates cells and muscles.
- Improves balance and emphasizes good posture.
- A proven exercise for prevention of falls for the elderly.
- Strengthens muscles and ligaments and improves bone density.
- Increases cardiovascular and lung function.
- In only 20 minutes one gets an enjoyable mind and body workout.
- It’s fun!