Sifu Guy C. Prentice
Sifu Guy C. Prentice has studied the martial arts since 1969; at first in the “hard” martial arts of Karate and Kung Fu. In 1987 he tried T’ai Chi Ch’uan and never went back to the others. He began his work with Master Jampa Mackenzie Stewart DOM at the Rochester T’ai Chi Ch’uan Center. He has taught at the Center since 1990 and in Continuing Education Departments, Recreation Centers, Corporations and Senior Centers. He has served on the Board of Directors since 1990 as a member, officer and was president from 1997 to 2000 and is the current RTCCC Treasurer. Sifu Prentice is a lifetime member of the United States Chinese Kuoshu Federation.
He has studied under Grandmaster William C. C. Chen, Master Jampa Mackenzie Stewart DOM, Dr. Sonam Willow DOM, Dr. Ken Slining, Master Peter Ralston, Grandmaster Dr. Tao Ping-Siang, Charles Pearce, Nathan Managed and Dr Paul Lam MD.
Sifu Prentice teaches beginners through advanced classes in Yang form, Chen Pan-Ling form, applications, form refinements, Classic Principles of T’ai Chi Ch’uan, and the Classes for Seniors.
He holds the highest certifications from:
- Grandmaster William C. C. Chen-Yang Style
- Master Y. W. Chang-Chen Pan-Ling 99 LF
- Master J M Stewart-Chen Pan-Ling SF
- Dr. Paul Lam-Tai Chi for Arthritis and Tai Chi for Diabetes
- 2002 - Bronze Metals International Form Competition.
- 2002 - Certified as an International Referee and Judge for Chinese Martial Arts and Life Time Member of USCKF.
- 2003 - 2 Gold Metals International Form Competition.